Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Happy Birthday Andrew

Today is Andrew's 26th Birthday and to celebrate we're having a little party.  Trying to come up with a theme took a little work but while we were out shopping it came to me...Andrew's favorite things.  So we would decorate with things he loves and enjoys.  So today I thought i'd share with you the Banner I made for it.  I normal would only use Stampin' Up stuff but with the theme we went to Hobby Lobby and got different paper to have the different things he likes/enjoys on it. So here we go.

First I used the Big Shot to cut out all my (labels Collection) Shapes. 


Then I cut my Pattern paper in half. so i then had two 6x12 pieces. I then cut off about 3-4 inches off the bottom of my 6x12 pieces.

Next I folded the paper in half and pinched the bottom so i would know the center of my paper. I then cut from the pinch to the corner to make mt flags.
*Note* makes sure you watch the pattern and pinch the bottom and not the top because the pinch will become the point of you flag.

Here are all my flags I was able to get two flags from one 12x12 piece of paper.

Then I tested different colors to see which one i liked best.  I liked basic black best and went with it.

Next I wrote out "Happy Birthday Andrew!" on my shapes and glued them to my flags. Then I hole punched the top corners of my flags.

Then using 1/4 inch grosgrain ribbon in old olive I weaved the flags on to the ribbon. I decided I liked the ribbon showing in the front better so I went that way. 
*Note* String all your flags before cutting you ribbon off the spool. Stampin' Up ribbon is great for this because you get 15 yards on one spool.
I did one word per ribbon because of the space I was putting it in but,you could put all the words together too.



*Sorry if the pictures are Fuzzy I took them with my phone and the camera seems to act up every now and then.

So there you have it a birthday banner to be proud of. and great thing is when you make your own it is easy to match your theme.

If your interested in any of the Stampin' Up products please feel free to contact Diane my Stampin' Up distributor by clicking HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment