Monday, July 13, 2015

June Stitch Fix

So I had been hearing a ton about Stitch fix and decided I would try it out for myself. Got my first box in May and figured out real quickly I needed to be more specific in my requests. I did keep one dress from the first box. So when I got my second box last weekend I knew I wanted to share my experience with y'all.

Here is the dress I kept from my first box.

If those who don't know what stitch fix is I'll explain it the best i can. 
So they have a profile you fill out with your sizes, price range and style. And you will get assigned a style professional who will hand pick you 5 items to be placed in your box. There's clothing, jewelry, scarves and handbags. You can opt not to receive some things. Like myself I've chosen to only get clothing and no accessories. 
You can then choose how often you'd like to receive your box. I get mine once a month sent to my Fiancé house. So he can help me decided on items. There is a $20 styling fee with each box but it is taken off the price of the things you decide to keep. Always try everything on. You'd be amazed how some items look very different on than they do laying flat. After I try them all on, I decide what to keep and what to send back. They send you a bag to send the items back in. If you keep all 5 items you get a 25% discount on your purchase. 
    
So here is my June fix.


#1 
Skies are Blue
Scribe Ruffle Front Blouse -Large $48
I loved the color and was so excited to try it on. 

but after I tried it on I did not like how it fit. Just kinda hung funny and the ruffles did not lay right. I also could tell it would require ironing and I knew that would rarely happen. So it was returned. 

#2 
Fun2Fun
Gesto Crochet Trim Blouse -Large $44

I loved the color and was also very excited for this one. But it was WAY to small, I'm not sure even a size medium person would fit in it. And when I tried it on for my fiancé he pointed out that it was very see through. No picture of me wearing it since it was so tight and see through. 
So it was returned. 

#3
41Hawthorn 
Filbert Abstract Striped Henley Blouse -Large $58

This top I had seen on pinterest and loved it on there so I was excited to see it in my box. I was so so about it after trying it on. It puckered just a touch at the buttons. But the fabric is beyond soft and I loved that. I later tried it on for my Fiancé and he hated it. So that pushed my thoughts on it sone. Ultimately I could not convince myself it was worth keeping when he did not like it and I did not love it. 
So it was returned. 

#4
Pixley
Mille Textured Dress -Large $68

We both loved this dress! It was cute and very comfy. It was a touch to small. Could not quite get the zipper all the way up. But I contacted stitch fix to exchange it for the next size up.
so it was kept. 

And last but not least 
#5
Le Lis 
Tessa Lace Detail Dress -Large $74

I thought this one was cute, but it was a lot like the dress I kept in my last fix and my fiance again did not like this one. It fit very well and was comfy. I would recommend it to others as well. But with both of those things counted against it I decided to return it. 
I did style it with a belt that made it cuter. 

All photos taken by my Fiancé who was lounging on the couch thus the slightly odd angle of the picture. 

I hope you all have enjoyed my sharing of my stitch fix box. And if you have any questions feel free to ask. 

Here's a link to my referral for stitch fix should any of you chose to try it out. 


1 comment: