Tuesday, July 21, 2015

4th of July

I know this is a bit late but I wanted to share the crafts and dessert made this Independence Day.

First our dessert.
I took this recipe and altered it just a little. Instead of the gnash I did blue frosting. And sprinkled a few white pearl sprinkles to get the white for the red white and blue.


It was very yummy, but I did over bake the red velvet part, since your turning the cake mix into brownies you should pull it out a touch early. And it will cook some in the pan after you pull it out of the oven. 

Now to our crafts. We did fireworks using bendy straws. I took straws and taped them together and then we dipped them in paint and stamped them on paper. I was inspired by a pin I came across on pinterest. 


We also did a foot print flag. He was very excited about it. I recommend starting at the right side and moving left. We did it the opposite and after realized it would have been a little easier the other direction. We did a hand print for the blue section. 


I hope everyone had a great 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment