Monday, April 9, 2012

Kid Aprons

So For Easter I made aprons for my Nephew, Niece and Chase.  I thought i'd share them with you.  I started by measuring Chase around his waist, and shoulders to knee. Then I took this tutorial here and altered the measurements to kid size. 
I forgot to take pictures of the cutting out of the apron.  but you just fold your fabric in half and cut down and inch, then an angle, and then strait down and across. then you unfold and there you have the apron. Its kind like cutting a heart out of paper.
So first thing i do is iorn down all the sides, I start with the top.
Then I do the bottom. 
Next the sides, 
and lastly the angled part.  now all the sides git a double fold to make it smooth but the angled side i do one fold because it will get folded again later. 
by iorning all the sides al one time i can sew the whole thing in one shot instead of doing each side one at a time. 
Now you fold the angles over about and inch, iron and sew.

then you need to put your strap up through and then back down both angles.  I found a butter knife works really well at getting it pushed through. 

I ironed on a patch to the boys and made fabric flowers for my Niece's apron.
Oh and I forgot I also attached a pocket to the front.  here is how i did that.
Iron the sides down just like the apron.
Realized it was going to be too big so i just made a big fold over.

sewed up the edges and the put the big fold back in and sewed it to the apron down the side across the bottom and then up the other side.
Here are the final results...
I put paper in the pockets so you could see them better. 






The kids love them. And now they can cook with mommy in their very own apron.

No comments:

Post a Comment