Thursday, February 16, 2012

Trifle

I thought today I'd share my Recipe for my favorite trifle. So here is the Recipe...


Chocolate Delight Trifle!
1 (18 ½ oz) package chocolate cake mix
3 (3 ½ oz) packages instant chocolate pudding mix, (I used regular but you can use sugar free)
2 cups whipped cream
2 Tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
Chocolate sauce or syrup, for garnish (I used Hershey’s syrup)
1 cup peanut butter chips (or your favorite nut) 

Directions
Prepare the cake mix according to package directions and bake in a 13 by 9 pan. Let cool thoroughly, then cut the cake into cubes about the size of walnuts.
Prepare the chocolate pudding according to package directions.
In a medium bowl whip the cream with the sugar until stiff.
To Assemble: In a trifle bowl, layer half the chocolate cake cubes, pudding, whip cream, chocolate sauce or syrup (just drizzle it) and peanut butter chips.  Repeat, layering the remaining ingredients, ending with whip cream. Drizzle decoratively with chocolate sauce or syrup and sprinkle on peanut butter chips.


Feel free to play around with it and use your favorite desserts!



No comments:

Post a Comment